View Single Post
      04-21-2016, 05:51 PM   #7
afadeev
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaEagle View Post
Now I'm stuck with a dilemma. What should I do before my next track session. I was already planning on using Pagrid pads. However, now I need to do something about the rotors. I'm thinking of either trying RacingBrake pads and/or the Revozport cooling ducts. I'd rather not spend $10k overhalling the whole system with Brembo's for the occasional track day. Thoughts?
Pagid RS29's with stock rotors work perfectly well for repeated 140->3rd gear and 100->3rd gear braking zones, lap after lap after lap.

The challenge with stock pads is that they will overheat if you go fast enough (and so will the stock PSS tires!), which will extend your brake distances. If you are not paying attention to slow down for a few laps to cool the brakes, you may be tempted to stomp on the brakes sooner, which will overheat them more and can lead to either warping the rotors, or applying uneven pad deposits onto them (resulting in similar vibration).

Start by going with RS29's.
Then pay attention to the brakes, and if your track can overwhelm even Pagids (Road America?), then slow down to cool them off, or install brake ducts.

a
Appreciate 0