View Single Post
      06-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #1
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

M-sport suspension vs sport line suspension

I believe this may have been brought up before.

I also did a little research regarding the different name for the same suspension, and found that this was also the case with the E90.
The E90 also have a Msport pkg, and it listed the suspension as
"Msport suspension" in some marketing attempt to give an appearance that there is something unique to the sport suspension in the Msport pkg, compared to the regular "sport suspension" option.

BMW is doing the same thing for the F30.
The Msport names the sport suspension differently to the sport suspension in the sport line. However, the suspensions are the SAME, at least from all sources I've been able to find.

I don't get it. Why do this?
The Msport is likely to be ordered by BMW enthusiasts who likely already know about the suspension.

Anyway, has anyone found anything anywhere of REAL information that says that the Msport is different to the sport line sport suspension?
I haven't found anything.

The other misleading information from BWM regarding the Msport is regarding the MT. By the wording it implies that the MT has a "short shifter". Most enthusiasts know a short shifter is something that actually shortens the throw of the lever. Well not with BMW's Msport.
The MT in the Msport simply gets a shorter shift lever, the throw is the same. That's some more marketing BS.
BTW, this was also the case with the E90 Msport option. It too implied a "short shifter", when in fact it was just a short shift lever.
Appreciate 0