View Single Post
      08-21-2018, 03:54 PM   #7
mbhammer
Hammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG

Auricom - Thanks again for the redirect to the Autogefuhl video and for the feedback. Great stuff!

ScottMZ3 - Thank you for your Service. And congratulations on getting a week 41 production slot! I hope you'll enjoy your new ride as much as my wife and I expect to be thrilled with ours. CA said any reddish-ness I might see in the launch stills of 4KR might have to do with the (yellow?) color of cabin ambient lighting. Like you, he expects it will not be a red-brown. I would expect 4KR to pair beautifully with your Tartufo. I'm going for more of a monochromatic look (Mineral White over Black Vernasca), and so I think the darker black/brown 4KT will pair better relative to the look I'm trying to achieve; thinking I want to minimize introducing brown into the mix.

woodrowx5 - I've seen neither 4KK Tetragon nor 4KM Dark Mesh. But I test drove a MY18 X3 M40i with Rhomboid aluminum. I'd have to go back to 9th grade geometry class to figure out the difference between tetragons and rhomboids and rhombuses and parallelograms. But if 4KK and 4KM are anything like the Rhomboid I saw, they will likely be dark geometric patterns printed on different shades of aluminum. Repeating my caution: I saw aluminum trim on a MY16 X5 that looked terrible, due to dings and scratches that are not repairable.

Epilogue: I just emailed my CA and changed the trim on my build from 4KR to 4KT. I will also keep my eyes peeled for an updated DOG, in hopes that perhaps BMW might add a carbon fiber interior trim option prior to my build getting locked in. I'd consider that, if it wouldn't be cost prohibitive; it would be in keeping with the monochromatic look I'm going for. Thanks again for the inputs! (I'll keep monitoring this thread, in the event more contributions come in.)