View Single Post
      06-09-2021, 08:09 AM   #375
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post

If you look at the lap by lap times for some of the drivers in the top 10, Max is pushing far more than PER, HAM, NOR, LEC, GAS, and VET. Lap over lap he was increasing his gap to Perez and Ham behind him after the restart. Lap 35, Per -0.466 Ham -0.612. Lap 40, Per -4.053 Ham -4.824. Lap 45, Per -4.463 Ham -5.569.

Are any of us all knowing and knew that Max would have a blow out and lose the race? No, but its not inconceivable to believe that some people would have had some idea that tires should have been a concern. At that same time Max was building a huge gap with only 5 laps to go against his teammate (PER) and a car they had been able to dominate all weekend (HAM).
Yes he wanted to have a ~5sec lead. You can see that in the numbers you provide yourself. In the last 5 laps the lead on PER expaded 4/10 of a sec.
That's less than 0,1 sec per lap.
VER also said that he anticipated on HAM/PER driving pace.
And that lead of ~5sec is imho also in line with the lead that HAM often keeps in races that he wins. That also mostly varies between 4 and 6sec, if his lead isnt 30sec+ of course (because that of course also happened very frequently, and apparently he therefore takes unnecesairy risks?!?)

So 5 sec imho isn't a 'huge' gap. That is still a distance that they can see eachother on various places on the track.

Anyway I think it's rather far fetched when people here think that they can think of something that the drivers themselves or the team leaders haven't thought of themselves. Because thats the general attitude of a lot of members here. All in hindsight of course.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 2
EdM54066.00
M5Rick60359.00