View Single Post
      02-17-2012, 11:33 PM   #6
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

None!

No options, take it as light and pure as possible.

The 1M was a direct response to bloated M cars that had gotten too soft and too heavy. So what are 90% of 1M buyers getting? Fully loaded, bloated 1Ms with heavy power seats, motorized mirrors, hard drives, NAV screens, etc, etc. The car is at its best in its purest and lightest form.

Color is a personal choice. I find the Black to be the best looking on the car. It harmonizes the slits and the bulges look beautiful. I got white because I live in a hot climate and it is a daily driver with small kids in the back seat. Orange is beautiful but every new car out there in 2011 and 2012 has the same Orange color...Dodge, Kia, Scion, Hyundai all have some version of the Orange.

People will try to throw out resale value but they have it backwards. It's true that you will get a higher price used but it's only a percentage of what you pay. So you pay 6000 Euros and end up with an extra 2000 Euros. It doesn't make sense to spend that money to get a percentage back UNLESS you actually love all the gadgets. In that case, get what you want.

Finally, if you look at E46 M3 Market and even the E90 market, you will find that most of the cars are loaded. The special cars are the low option, lighter weight cars. Look at the postings, you will find ads that have been around for months looking for sunroof delete, no NAV M3 Competition Package cars, not for fully loaded luxo-boxes... those are dime a dozen.

Good luck, I know the choices are tough. I agonized on color for a long time.

Best wishes.
Appreciate 0