07-28-2016, 12:07 PM   #5
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeddeacon View Post
Yep, same here. My first detector was the original Passport in my '83 Toyota Supra. After a couple of newer Passports died what I considered premature deaths, I switched to Valentine and haven't been disappointed at all. My original V1, which is probably 15+ years old is still working perfectly. I've just updated in periodically along the way.

I've had four speeding tickets in my 30+ years and hundreds of thousands miles of driving some amount over the speed limit. One was on a motorcycle (no detector), one in my father-in-law's car (no detector) and two via instant on when traveling on lonely stretches of highway, i.e. no warning. Depending on the car and where the power source is located, I either mount in the middle or driver's side. Rear detection ability is fine in theory, but in the real world it's all about warning from front in my experience.

Do you use the Blendmount for your rearview wired setup?
Nice!

I have seriously considered the Blend Mount as it has great reviews! But honestly, the stock suction cups have worked very well for me. I also keep new spares on hand just in case.
Appreciate 0