View Single Post
      12-07-2018, 01:44 PM   #381
ScottAndrew
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufalo View Post
Yeah because I've owned transverse mount engine, front drive, sporting cars before, and I'm not so stuck on such things. I have little doubt that the all-wheel drive with sport suspension will drive well. Can't get a clutch or shift lever in any of them any longer, so why keep noses pointed so high over it? I drive 8 miles to work and take my kids to school and stuff. I'd like a liftback. The F36 is a viable option right? Oh, but all anyone wants to say is how terrible the F3X chassis is. I've driven multiple flavors of it, it's still enjoyable - despite what people want to think. I have an F25, which might be the most reviled BMW ever made. I love it. I do not ever miss my E36 M3, that thing was made out of damp cardboard and pre-corroded electronics. It was enjoyable in 60-second bursts on a back road, but that was 10 years ago when I did not own two houses or a dog or have two kids and tenants and a wife or any of those things. I'm hoping for a non-bloated car with lift back and AWD - I could give zero Eff's about where the engine points. Until then, I'll drive my RWD, 6-speed E90 with it's N/A six cylinder, thank you - does that pacify your desire to judge and dismiss?
Btw this is a great post.
Appreciate 2
Cadillac358.50
Gusman1139.00