Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i

Garage List
2017 BMW X3 35i  [0.00]
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
The size of the 3 Series is more detrimental to you than a 2 Series GC with FWD and the engine pointing the wrong direction?
Yeah because I've owned transverse mount engine, front drive, sporting cars before, and I'm not so stuck on such things. I have little doubt that the all-wheel drive with sport suspension will drive well. Can't get a clutch or shift lever in any of them any longer, so why keep noses pointed so high over it? I drive 8 miles to work and take my kids to school and stuff. I'd like a liftback. The F36 is a viable option right? Oh, but all anyone wants to say is how terrible the F3X chassis is. I've driven multiple flavors of it, it's still enjoyable - despite what people want to think. I have an F25, which might be the most reviled BMW ever made. I love it. I do not ever miss my E36 M3, that thing was made out of damp cardboard and pre-corroded electronics. It was enjoyable in 60-second bursts on a back road, but that was 10 years ago when I did not own two houses or a dog or have two kids and tenants and a wife or any of those things. I'm hoping for a non-bloated car with lift back and AWD - I could give zero Eff's about where the engine points. Until then, I'll drive my RWD, 6-speed E90 with it's N/A six cylinder, thank you - does that pacify your desire to judge and dismiss?
Appreciate 1
Weiman156.00