Rep
Drives: 320d M135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by clbmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nozydog View Post
This... you RWD purists make i larf you really do! FWD (original) Ford Focus & Mondeo, VW Scirocco along with plenty of others are great to drive FWD cars (I've had all those named) It's a bit like listening to the anti EV brigade getting their knickers in a twist!! Nothing wrong with any of these concepts, if you don't like it, don't buy it... but you may just miss out!!
But in the end, the best driving FWD car is still no match for the best driving RWD car. Laugh all you want but the joke is on you.
Yup, I can see Ferrari, Porsche and McLaren all switching to the dynamically superior FWD soon

What I don't understand is why BMW didn't just keep the Active Tourer and this New GC as part of the 1 series line up as this is also due to lose its unique selling point. Conceptually, it doesn't sit neatly to have FWD and RWD in the same model line.

The fact that BMW said 8/10 cats didn't know their one series (of which most were probably a baby 116d) was rear wheel drive is a failure of the marketing and sales staff, not a reason to end the fantastic RWD 125d/i and M140i. Might as well just buy a Golf R next time as there will be Hobson's choice in this segment.
Of course BMW could be really bold (but they won't) and build their hot hatches on the current 2er RWD platform
Appreciate 1
nozydog465.00