moviebumm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_335 View Post
Hi all,

This Saturday I stopped by a local dealership to test drive C400. They had none on hand but had multiple C300 available. Here's quick rundown on my impression of C300.

First a little about myself: I'm in the market for my E92 replacement. My car is bone stock, non-RFT tires, loaded with all options and i love every bit of it. Two cars on my radar are GC435 and C400 (I need 4 doors).

Test Car: 2015 C300 4Matic with Sports PKG, 18" wheels

Design:
Some love it while others don’t. In my opinion car looks stunning inside out. I’ve read about high quality interior materials and they are spot on. My only gripe with interior was the positioning of the seat adjustment controls that are on the door.

Drive Train:
Most reviews I’ve read say that C300’s engine is smoother than the C400 V6. I’m not sold on the “smoothness” part of it. Comparing it to what I drive I was not impressed. Given that V6 is less smoother than the I-4, I’m not sure if I’d like the V6. C300 had enough power to get the car moving and I never felt lacking power. Transmission is spot on. Shifts are quick in sports mode and smooth when cruising around. I-4 does sound like a 4 banger on higher revs... you have been warned.

Driving Impressions:
The car strikes a decent balance between sportiness and comfortable cruising. However coming from a RWD coupe which sits lower, I found it lacking. Going around the corner I felt the car resists turning. With E92 I can exit the corners with pretty decent speed that brings smile to my face all the time. I also found it lacks that “hugging the road” feeling and confidence that I get from E92. 4-matic may have something to do with it as well… I can’t say for sure.

Some will say E92 vs. C300 is not a true comparison and I know it, but that’s all I’ve to compare it with until I drive GC next week. My wife’s best friend picked up a GC last week. She has been in it and absolutely loved it. She already thinks I’d like the GC better!!!

On 9/13/2014, I drove a C400 and I thought the performance was adequate but not great.
The exterior design was odd. The interior was too busy for my taste.
I thought the materials used were terrible. Too much hard plastic. The Burmester radio was awful.
Starting with 2015 C Class, the car is made in Alabama which is unfortunate.
Also, the C400 is in very high demand and very little supply. As a result the prices are incredible.
Even more so if you want to lease. I priced at the dealer a $63,000 C400 and the
lease payments were $600 per month with $18,000 down. 36 months, 15 miles per year.
I was quite disappointed not only with the design but also with the payments. I am so happy I ordered a 435.
Appreciate 0