View Single Post
      10-10-2019, 09:43 AM   #1
petejigsaw
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e

Wireless charging tray - will not stay charging!

I have had my new 330e for a week and I just can't get the wireless charging tray to stay charging my S10.

Pop the phone in, carefully positioned, and the light starts blue, then after 5-10 mins it goes orange and stops charging. A quick reposition and it starts again, then stops after a few minutes.

The phone gets VERY hot each time, which it does not do on any other wireless charging pad I use at work, home or in hotels etc. The case is a Spigen, which is wireless charging compliant, so I think the BMW tray must either be very poorly designed or faulty.

I've found a few threads on other forums where people have had the same issue, which in the main has been resolved by a replacement charging tray, but BMW seem loathed to admit there's a major issue, and some dealers are palming people away saying its the devices or the cases.

Anyone else having this issue? Wireless charging in the car was a big positive for me as I'm in and out all day, and so its very disappointing that its so flaky.........
Appreciate 0