12-10-2020, 11:08 AM   #15
Kobylash
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobylash View Post
I have the VRSF downpipe on my M240i xDrive and it does come into contact with the metal plate near where the exhaust connects to it. I've tried to fix it and it improved but I still get it if the car is stopped on an upward slope or if I put my foot to the floor while cruising.

One thing to note is I believe that metal plate is only on the xDrive model, not the RWD.

I've pretty much given up on fixing it and am considering ordering a downpipe with the bracket and better fitment (ER is my current choice).
Thought I'd post an update on this issue, turns out the ER downpipe makes even more contact with the plate. However, the ER pipe comes with a set of washers to shim the plate (not that they mention what these are for anywhere in their install instructions). With these installed I have no issues.

On the note of ER vs VRSF the ER pipe definitely seems to be much higher quality. Better welds, nicer flex pipe section, better bends. And I do feel better having that bracket even if it wasn't the source of my plate contact rattle.

So for anyone with an xDrive model assume you will have to shim this plate for proper clearance.
Appreciate 1
Mehim76.50