View Single Post
      12-06-2019, 10:52 PM   #9
d.b
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

there were no signs of low coolant, messages/lights or otherwise. In september (the last time I drove the car), I drove it 11 miles to a tire shop and had fronts put on and then had it towed to a local indy shop where I was told that one of the turbo coolant lines was busted and the car had zero coolant.

It had been getting progressively harder to start over a couple of weeks prior to this and I couldn't get it started back up at the tire shop. It was closing time, so we left it in the install bay for the night and i had it towed from there to a local indy shop the next day. It was a few days later that they (indy shop) could get to it and that is when they told me.

The guys at the tire shop managed to get it started to move it out of the install bay the next day before the tow came and that was the only other time it was driven.

odd right? welcome to the beginning of a very complicated story full of twists and turns, mystery, with my dream car unlikely to survive it :*|.

Honestly if it weren't for the info on this forum and an expert that I was lucky enough to get ahold of, Im not sure if it would have standed a chance.

to ease the suspense - lol - the indy shop called me up after running a compression test and told me that the car had warped heads and quoted me 10k because of overheating...

the only thing about that is - its never been overheated.

to be continued in another thread, I have one more question, and the answer will likely determine her fate.

note - I paid their diag fee, and had the car towed to BMW service where (thank you forum) the injectors were found faulty and had flooded the engine with fuel, and replaced under the extended warranty. - its still there.
Appreciate 0