View Single Post
      03-05-2019, 11:10 AM   #5
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80

i used to have a lot of clutch issues as such you describe...theres sooo many factors that can influence how the car chooses to behave...

I would say that trying to drive in between normal(DD) vs balls to the wall is diffcult. ie. you cant give a decent push in a gear; than slowly shift into the next, it just wont be smooth. rev- matching is evil....you'll tend to forget that you need to SLIP the clutch in vs waiting for rev-match to get there and then dumping clutch.

Tips:
shift early. before 3k rpms...1st and 2nd gear.
forget about the rev-matching even tho its there....youll begin to rely on it too much and begin dumping clutch and then punching gas...when those two actions should be done together.
just let certain days when its acting up, just be....people on the road are unpredictable; and if you live in a congested area...it can become very difficult to drive smoothly; like you speed up in second and get ready for 3rd; at that split second you gotta let off the throttle since the guy infront of you is doing dumbshit(texting, lost, whatever)

My biggest pet peeve if people who tailgate me from 0-25mph. Like its impossible to shift as fast as a 10-speed automatic. And if I punch it in first and second; its racecar and Im not trying to do all that. Then i punch it in 3rd to get them off my ass...slow down to speed limit and they up my ass again. SMH. I've stopped tailgating and in general try to be the nicest person on the road; and its made my drives so much better.

TL;DR...car is a trackrat at heart; but does function very well as a daily. My boys miata is straight butter rowing through the gears no matter what. really fun car; very underestimated.

might want to drop it off at service...only to get...could not duplicate customer complaint...checked clutch..OK...updated idrive and computer so a mechanical system will shift better
Appreciate 1
Lee808230.50