02-12-2019, 01:47 PM   #29
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
If the hardware has failed.....software doesn't matter....
Ah, true enough. I wasn't thinking of this capability in that scenario, rather, preventing or reducing the risk of detection.

A little story since it's kinda cool and relevant: I bought my first JB for a 2012 F10 550xDrive that I had for a year. When I sold that one because of mileage, I bought another and transferred my JB to the new car. A year later, I sold it and bought an F10 M5... which I installed that same JB into requiring that I make one SW config change and gained 90 wheel hp and over 100 ft Ibs of wheel torque. That car lasted me embarrassingly-enough only 7 days since I wrapped it around a tree. A few days later, I went to the local dealer to meet with my tech and we uninstalled the JB which I then took home. 6 weeks later, All State handed me a check for $115,000 that I used to get another M5. This story continues with yet another M5, a 2015 M6 Gran Coupe then a 2016 M6 Gran Coupe and finally a brief stint in an X5M. The JB went along with that car when I sold the lease. At the time, that was a $400 investment that lasted 5 years across 8 vehicles--that's value for money!
Appreciate 0