08-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #10
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utenigma View Post
What External mic is that?
Here's me quoting myself on m3post. I went a little in detail since when I was researching, there wasn't many threads with detail about the whole setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
I've searched so many times for a setup that worked before going through a few different mic setups ($20 to $150 setups) so I will post a pretty detailed and cheap and effective way for a pretty decent setup.

As far as some action cams, here is a comparison on a few (im sure these same companies have newer versions now so maybe search for the newest available - but its a starting point):

http://gizmodo.com/5965732/the-best-action-camera

I decided on a gopro hero 3 silver and this is my specific setup:

DIY head restraint mount close to this one ($5 total). The only difference is I used a T-joint on the end of the pvc pipe and placed the adhesive mount on it. I will post a picture of my setup when I get the chance but this is what I followed.

http://www.mazdaspeedforums.org/foru...gopro2-100933/

This is the mic I use (Sony ECM70 - $50 from Frys and you will need the stupid usb mic adapter from gopro, why did they do this? another $20) and I made a windsock using the tail of a fox of a toy from petco ($3) and i put it next to the license plate through the center pass with an extension chord ($10):

Coupled with the windscreen and using the gopro suction cup (is it $30?) which I already had, and it looks like this:

The settings I use are either 1080/960p (depending on how much time i need of recording) with 11mp wide angle with spot setting ON (you need this so looking out the windshield the sunlight doesn't cause it to just look white - youtube spot setting and it will show the difference).

This is the result (and it makes the stock exhaust sound awesome imo ):

Appreciate 0