10-14-2014, 06:40 AM   #41
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Quote:
Originally Posted by baege View Post
This is what I don't get, if we all want it, then why doesn't anyone build such a car?

Update:

test drove an e89 3.0sdrive and a M235i today. Both manual.

the e89 30sdrive was not my deal, I came from a e86 Z4 coupe 3.0si and I could feel the extra weight of the e89 in both acceleration and handling. Somehow I also didn't like the driving position all that much. Car was overall not a good fit for me.

M235i: yup my sensitivity to turbos was there again, I could feel turbo lag just as I had when I drove the 135i 5 years ago. The m235i may actually be quicker than my CS but FOR ME, its normally aspirated engine is much more fun and visceral. I will avoid turbos until they stop making NA or supercharged engines.

so really the only cars left standing are the S5 and the C7.

(thanks to those who suggested the viper but it really too big for me and too impractical to be my only car)
Well, at least you're doing your homework

S5 will be more of a "daily driver" type of car and will not feel as light or nimble as the Stingray. If you drive the Stingray, make sure it has the magnetic ride. I believe the S5 has an option for that as well, but the Stingray will definitely be sportscar you're looking for.
Appreciate 0