View Single Post
      03-06-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by john16443 View Post
Also have an Estoril Blue 2017 M240i. Have had the Dinan Elite V1 tune in it since March of 2017. I think this is what you have? Last month got a drive train malfunction error and CEL. Diagnosed as Dinan Module issue, and replaced under Dinan warranty with the latest V2. Observations since installation include:

The Dinan app on the phone is now useless. The unit is on all the time, can't disable it remotely. Not a problem with me.

No noticeable difference in power output, still goes like hell just as it did before. I track the car several times a year.

Power delivery is smooth and consistent, pulls good throughout the rev range.

Noticeable decrease in on throttle turbo lag, especially in ECO mode. It's essentially 100% gone and feels as close to a naturally aspirated engine as I think it can get.

Only 2 sensors are connected, not the previous 4.

I'm overall very pleased with it, and wouldn't hesitate recommending it.
Yes, mine is a 2017 Estoril M240i automatic w/ the .v1 also. Mine has very low mileage (only 6300 since Dec of 2016).

That's great to hear. I kind of suspected there would not be a significant decrease in perceived performance. Even though the two dyno results between the .v1 and .v2 would indicate otherwise.

When mine was installed the tech told me about the app to turn it on or off. I only asked it it was "ON" now. I never intend(ed) to turn it off. So like you, this is not an issue.

I had very noticeable lag in all modes (less so in sport), when starting to accelerate from a dead stop (car would stumble a bit) when the car was stock. After the Dinan, all lag is gone (was the first thing I noticed when I drove away from the dealership).

https://www.2addicts.com/forums/show...&postcount=129

The TQ delivery curve for the .V2 appears to be more linear (in line w/ the stock TQ curve initially), than the .v1 (that appears to be showing TQ numbers way higher than stock from the "git-go") which could be the reason for the CELs we see with the .V1 (with the ECU attempting to reconcile the difference - and can't).

Unless the same car was tested on the same day w/ both modules installed, differences in Dyno numbers car be misleading.

Anyway, thanks for the report and very happy to hear your results. If I get a major fault w/ mine, I'll get the .v2 installed also. I find it interesting that some cars have zero issues, some have minor CEL's that clear and others have major and/or numerous faults.
Appreciate 0