View Single Post
      02-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #3
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
I have the v2 in a 230i. I've seen your posts on the other thread having issues with your v1. The v2 fixes those issues by simplifying the set up. I didn't have an CEL issues on the 230, but I was having throttle input issues with flat spots and lugging on the engine under specific conditions. I got it narrowed down to where I could replicate it repeatedly. I worked with Dinan and loaned them my car, and they went with the new v2 kit instead to fix the issue. The v2 is more powerful and a simpler set up with less connections. This seems to have resolved a lot of the CEL problems amongst all the motors it applies to from what I have seen posted from others. The only issue was for the b46 230i motor, it created an odd sharp acceleration at 50% throttle position, but a fix is currently being validated. So far the revised map I am testing is producing nothing but smiles and is the smoothest the engine has ever felt under light, moderate, and hard acceleration. But like I said, the current map for the v2 didn't seem to have the same issue on the 240 as I had with the 230
Appreciate 0