06-29-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
to_riffic
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: rwd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
FYI - if you order 18's and sport package on an xi they are staggered from the factory. There is nothing wrong with running staggered at all. I have 275/30/19 in rear and 235/35/19 in the front.

Your best bet is to drive both and decide for yourself. As you will see, no one on here has been able to provide any (and I mean any) definitive proof over which one handles better or which one is safer. Everything is based on theory and assumptions as they have not been tested in detail against each other.

I would agree that the weight should take it's toll, but that proved wrong in a recent test between the G35 and the G35x, where, on a road course the x outperformed its RWD brother. So until the proof is there, you should rely on your own experience and drive both.

The arguments go on an on over the i vs. xi. Until a couple tests are done side by side, I would say they are pretty much equal in performance. Any difference in either direction is probably negligible until you are dealing with a slippery surface whether it is rain, snow or gravel.
the guy lives in socal tho...like me, he really doesn't need xi

doesn't even rain much here in socal soo...its wasted $$$ for awd, but hey, its his money.

Appreciate 0