06-29-2008, 06:02 PM   #12
mapezzul
Special Agent
United_States
Rep
Drives: Depends on the day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintor View Post
This is the worst rationalization of the Xi, because it doesn't work that way. If it would be the case, you can bet that all AMG/M-cars would have AWD standard.

AWD is more of a commodity item that will help acceleration at 9-10/10 opn wet. Useful when you don't want to stay stucked at very low-speed. This is essentially the only benefit of AWD. But it does NOTHING for safety.

I owned Subaru and Audi AWD.
I disagree and I am not going to go into it here. To each there own but AWD can be very helpful for safety, studies have been done and the proof is in the pudding as they say.

I will however link to a video on testing the XI system and people can judge for themselves.... DSC is off.

The reason //M cars do not have AWD is b/c the BMW system can not keep up with the Aud (I have both, and can attest to the differences), there was a reason Audi was not allowed to use Quattro in racing, it was an unfair advantage. BMW was originally against AWD b/c of balance and added weight, things are changing.

Do not be surprised to see BMW starting to include the new X-drive in the X6 in more performance based cars; it is that good!

http://www.bimmerfile.com/2008/05/02...e-bmws-xdrive/