tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joralemon st. View Post
With my fear of flying I try to sit as much towards the center of the plane as I can, however since I usually get basic economy — that often times means middle seat. Of course between the Xanax and the TRTL — it doesn't matter much to me
I used not to think much about it when I’d fly, but as I’ve gotten older I’ve become a more nervous flyer. Particularly on takeoff and a little bit on landing. On takeoff I hold on to the armrests very tightly. Because, of course, if anything happens that will save me. I don’t worry too much about falling out of the sky from 30,000 feet, but I’m more aware these days that if something goes wrong on takeoff (particularly with the engines) there’s almost no time to fix it. I guess this incident should actually ease my mind a little regarding the ability to recover from something during takeoff. It’s pretty amazing what these airframes can handle. I’m thinking of the Hawaii Airlines catastrophic airframe failure many years ago and the time a cargo door failed on a 747 and tore out a huge section of the forward cabin and both of those planes landed safely.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

Last edited by tturedraider; 01-10-2024 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 1