09-08-2020, 08:34 PM   #113
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonto_Goldstein View Post
Nissan is the only one making a true sports car at an affordable price and should get credit for it. And cars with anemic 4 cyclinder motors don't count as sports cars, e.g. Miata, FRS. You can buy a used one all day long for under $20K. Only a moron would spend $50K on the Nismo, so people need to stop saying the Z costs $50K, that's just nonsense.
Are you talking about the 370Z which is an outdated turd or the new car to which no price has been announced? That 3.7L engine sounds like a trash compactor once you get over 5k RPM and I've driven plenty of 4 Cylinder engines that didn't feel like they were going to self destruct near redline. Noisy ass manual transmission with clutch pedals that sometimes don't work. I'm not giving Nissan credit for anything. Maybe this new engine will do the car justice but the VQ was past its prime long before Nissan bored it out to 3.7L and the reason the 370Z sold poorly is because it just wasn't that great of a sports car as I would own a 4-Cylinder S2000 over a 370Z any day of the week.

Last edited by heavyD^2; 09-08-2020 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
jmack550.00