View Single Post
      05-09-2019, 06:31 AM   #4
expidia
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

Thanks for both of those responses and the vid. I'm used to the brown oxidation (hate it) and I use a curved tire brush and Simply Green or Blech-Wite for years on my tires. But after I've cleaned them they never seem that clean. They still look oxidized and then whatever dressing I use just covers the oxidation up for a day or two and slings (even after buffing off) off onto the lloy wheels and becomes a magnet which collects even more brake dust and road grime (sigh).
Good tip to do the oxidation 2-3 times. I didn't know that.

Both our vehicles tires are brand new, so I want to try this Black Pearl stuff out since they are not oxidized yet.

I asked the question because I did not want to use any degreasing type agent that might be left behind that gets into the pores of the rubber and could affect the new tire dressing from adhering correctly.
I don't want to use a degreaser that is too strong runs down and affects the coating on my alloy wheels.

Tires are always my worst headache to keep clean. They oxidize so fast and always ruin the detailed look of my ride. Keeping the alloy wheels clean is no bargain either. I'll give them a few coatings of Menzurna powerlock which I use on the painted surfaces.

Great vid too. But its that last step of the tire dressing that is always my headache as my Northeast climate has the tires looking clean for like two days

Last edited by expidia; 05-09-2019 at 06:39 AM..
Appreciate 0