01-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
Sabian
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 35i Mineral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd450 View Post
For those of you who are concerned about this I would recommend specifying the variable sport steering option (can be selected without taking the whole dynamic suspension package). I was an extra £370 GBP.

I would agree that in normal mode the steering feels far too light for the size of the car but flick it into sport mode and the steering weighs up nicely. I drive is sport mode all the time - just a pity you cant get the system to default to this on start-up but I just press sport at the same time as releasing the handbrake so has become second nature.hope this helps some of you with concerns.
Please tell me this cannot be set to default because you didn't purchase the full dynamic handling package? But even still... If I'm gonna pay $1400 extra for this feature, I would hope I could set it to one of the 3 modes I like the best and set it as the default and not have to reset it each time I drive the vehicle. Please excuse my ignorance on this subject, but I haven't owned a car with this feature ever and not exactly sure what the limits are on it. But for everyday use, I would hope I could just set it to my liking and not have to dick around with the settings or push extra buttons everytime I drive.
Appreciate 0