View Single Post
      02-19-2020, 06:42 AM   #10
TheRetroGuy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive mSport

If you don't have it, just enjoy your car and keep adaptive in mind as an option for your next car. Given the bang for buck others mentioned, for me it will be added to any cars I order in the future. It's nothing to be bummed about if you don't have it -- depending on where and how you drive the differences can be subtle.

The biggest difference I notice on relatively straight roads is that on highways in comfort mode, I can feel the car "bounce" slightly due to the looseness of the suspension. Adaptive locks it down so that it's smooth and quiet like comfort, but the car stays level so there's no bouncing, and curves / off ramps are tightly handled like in sport mode.

Definitely my preferred driving mode - they should probably just make it a standard feature. I almost didn't order it because when I asked the sales guy about the pros and cons, he just said it was for when you drive aggressively (which I usually don't). Glad I researched it a bit further because the benefits to daily (normal) driving are substantial.
Appreciate 1