View Single Post
      10-06-2019, 09:08 AM   #4
Carjack
Stormtrooper
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i G20 M-Sport Portimao Blue

Ref my above post, I picked up the car fitted with the new Control Unit for the limited slip diff and have noticed a difference in the cars handling on the bends. That nice positive confident I’m on the line feeling. Pleased in was not my imagination!

But, unfortunately since visiting the Main Dealer the car a problem.
After my first visit for the initial diff check the car on start up as the main user instead of a ‘Hello Peter’ it was ‘Hello Hassan’ and difficult to delete entirely as Hassan always returned.

So, I mentioned this on booking in for the new Control Unit and due notes were taken with the response that it would be looked into and rectified.
On starting the car on the forecourt the display said: ‘Hello Hassan Farooq’ !!!
I was not a happy bunny!
Went back to the Service Dept and could only leave a message as the Team Manager, my contact was occupied. Explained the situation at Reception who said my contact will phone me. (Still waiting!)

The only way I can keep this intruder off my display is to log myself in as the second driver.

As they said they would be upgrading the Software I can only suspect that Hassan is embedded and is their transfer. Nice thought!
As I cannot stand the thought of going back and loosing the car for a day or more and more waffle I’m leaving it as it is until the next service visit.
This is the third BMW where I have used this Dealership and on visiting I always wonder what’s going to happen now!
Up front it’s all nice and posh with lots of suits looking busy but have always wondered what goes on in the workshop!
A while ago I noticed that the viewing windows to the workshop showing the grease monkeys hard at work are now obscured.
So all is now a mystery!
Appreciate 0