View Single Post
      12-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
jphughan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 Cayman GT4

^ Perhaps. But I guess my overall perspective for the OP is this: Even if 12 miles is excessive, what do you hope to gain out of raising an issue? And more than that, if there's no visible damage to your car, what are you even worried about? Sure, IF they took your car for a bit of a ride then obviously they shouldn't have because it doesn't belong to them -- and if you can prove they did, then sure, nail them to the wall. But if you can't, keep in mind that at the end of the day, 12 miles aren't going to hurt the car even if they were 12 hard miles. These cars are built to handle hard driving, so as long as there's no evidence of damage or outright abuse (e.g. smoked tires), your car is fine no matter what -- especially considering any high-RPM driving would have taken place AFTER the 1200-mile service was performed.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car and want to make sure it's well taken care of, but I also drive it hard and know that the car can take it, so for me there are larger things in life to worry about than whether someone else MIGHT have driven my car the way it was built to be driven anyway, even if I didn't authorize them to do so.

Better to live with a few extra miles on your car than raise hell, turn out to be wrong, and then be known as "that guy" with your SA and the techs working on your car IMHO.

Gone but not forgotten:
'11.75 M3 E92 Le Mans | Black Nov w/ Alum | 6MT (owned 5/2011 - 11/2015)

Last edited by jphughan; 12-17-2012 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0