View Single Post
      08-27-2016, 03:49 AM   #2
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WedgePerformance
Have you ever wondered how much power you can I make before upgrading your stock airbox to a MR5 or one of the countless options we have today?

I was actually shocked at the results today... 430.84 vs 416.01 whp

Click Here - Datazap.me

Almost 15 WHP gained by just removing the top of the stock airbox. Because I didn't have other filters with me to test, I can only conclude two possibilities. 1. The BMS Drop-in Filter is restrictive... Or 2. the cold air snorkel is too restrictive without positive pressure from air flow while driving.

The car: Stock '08 Sport E92 AT Stock FMIC, Stock DPs, and 132,000 miles. Mods: Fuel-IT Stage 2 LPFP, ER Charge Pipe with Tial BOV, BMS Drop-In Cloth Filter, and MFactory LSD. Car was walnut blasted within the past 500 miles and has new index 12 injectors.

Car was running a high % of E85 today and it was HOT. Was 102 deg F in the shop today.

[IMG]http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/...psybkmtsbf.jpg[/IMG]
And here I am with the kn drop in filter fbo with inlets. So I guess I could try taking off the air box cover and seeing if I feel a difference huh. Good work though and let us know when you find out which one is the restriction
Appreciate 0