watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
BMW Phoned Me Today...................

This is a bit of a rant:-

Finally got a call back to today after some 2 weeks from Head Office BMW Australia. I enquired why Europe, England and the States get Smartphone Intergration (6NF) in there BMW range of cars (a $150 option) and we in Australia don't get it.

Sent them emails on it also but they never answer the email enquiries, don't understand why they bother putting the contact details on there website.

We not only own a M3 but also a current 3 series sedan diesel but I have also ordered another E70 X5 35d M-Sport (my 3rd X5 in 18 months), I delayed the X5 order from Mar 09 production to April 09 so to get the minor upgraded version. Anyway I have been asking why we cannot get this simple option (6NF), they finally made contact and say we are looking into it and that the new April 09 X5 production won't have it, its comimg but there not sure when!

Its a simply option and other countries have had it for nearly 12 months, here is a fully optioned X5 worth close to $180k AUD and you cannot get smartphone intergration, a $150 wiring loom option. The problem is these head office dorks still play pacman on green screen monitors and would not know what a smartphone was in Melbourne.

$500,000 of BMW's in my garage and I have to carry around a iPod and a iPhone in my pockets out to the garage looking like a Broe with the crack of my arse showing because my pants are falling down from all the weight and then sit in the car for 5 mins hooking up all that s**t. Then when you get to work pull it all out again and hook it up to a computer to keep it charged just to put it all back in again when you want to go home.

And to top it off my wife's complaining because see has to do the same thing with her new BMW, man I should sue BMW for all the grief my wife is giving me over it and then there's my daughter with her BMW as well!

Damn, a $150 option, BMW get your act together and push a button on your ordering computer and add the option, its not rocket science, how many executives does it take in Melbourne to make a decision? apparently you don't have enough because they cannot make a decision, if you like I will fly down and make the decision for you!

"We at BMW have some of most advance and technologically driven cars built on our own platform" yeh sure but you cannot hook a smartphone up to it.

Wake up BMW and get your act together, is it not us that buy your cars as you execs don't because you get one for free with your salary?

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.

Last edited by watrob; 03-19-2009 at 08:53 AM..
Appreciate 0