02-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #9
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ft1338 View Post
Nice.... I had a close call once with the junker I currently drive which has no ABS. It was raining and the douche in front of me decided to speed up to catch the light but changed his mind at the last second and stepped on the brakes so hard I skidded all the way up to his FRONT bumper. Yes, front, because I had the reflex to move my car to another lane while skidding with the wheels locked. The little shit looked at me like I did something wrong lol.

Anyway, did you feel the ABS engage in your case and did it work good? I'm looking forward to driving a car with at least minimal safety features......
Oh yes, ABS engaged for sure. My car also has Forward Collision Warning system, so a red car icon flashed on the dash and HUD and beeped loudly. I was literally less than 6" away from a crash at 30mph.

There are two traffic lights on either side of a set of train tracks. They are <50ft apart. The first light turned yellow, and we both went through at full speed. The second light was also yellow, but the guy in front decided to stop, which of course I was not expecting. Also, the train was coming through the tracks, so as I'm stopped within inches of the car in front of me, the train is barreling through, now just a few feet behind my car. Scary stuff.
Appreciate 0