View Single Post
      04-10-2014, 01:31 PM   #13
24M
Private
Rep
Drives: Future M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
The spoiler is integrated. However, there is a carbon fiber extra spoiler that can be added on ala the M4 safety car. That's has all the carbon fiber goodies.

The configurator just shows the normal parts so I don't know where you are seeing them there.
For other cars not the m4. Look at the 335i and m5 I think has it too. And the E92 M3 had carbon fiber mirrors as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
A few benefits include:

1) Decreased Brake Dust
2) Reduced Rotating, Unsprung Mass
3) Desirable Aesthetics

For me, though, the increased initial cost combined with the absurdly high future maintenance costs aren't worth the actual performance. For the money, if I were concerned about needing better brakes for the track, I'd purchase a conventional steel rotor BBK--all the performance with significantly less concern for routine or unexpected (the CCBs ARE fragile) maintenance costs.
Honestly for me the pros are just exactly what you listed. But for 8k I could change out the exhaust to eisman or akrapovic, add some carbon fiber, maybe do an individual paint or leather, and maybe a dinan power kit/suspension kit when they are available and probably still not pay 8k. So I guess I will pass on CCBs. Plus now I am thinking they may hurt resale on this particular car since everyone is so paranoid about them.
Appreciate 0