09-10-2008, 05:21 AM   #17
Concours Finish
Reflection Obsession
United_States
Rep
Drives: blue "thinking man's bmw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5ITR88 View Post
foam canons and foam lances are only beneficial if your car has already been detailed (clayed, polished, waxed) and you wash your car often. If you wash your car every week or two and keep it in a garage, the next time you wash with foam canon you may not even have to use the old bucket and mitt. If you dont keep your car in tip top fashion foam lances are only going to remove so much of the dirt but you would have to go back to the bucket and glove to clean out areas with more dirt than other areas.
I do agree with your statement that foam cannon/lance alone will not remove the dirt is the car is rather dirty. I like to use it everytime I wash and a pre-wash before I use the traditional 2-bucket method with mitts. In my experience, I feel it loosens up any stubborn contaminants such as pollen so it will come off easier when I go over with a mitt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moog55 View Post
great post. even though i have established my own routine, i am learning a lot from you guys and the techniques and products you use.

i love m3post.

btw, i haven't taken the step to get a halogen lamp to work under. can you tell me which one you got and where you got it?
Halogens can be bought at any hardware store such as home depot, lowes. I got mine from sears.
Appreciate 0