View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 11:04 PM   #22
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
The questions I have now are what to do? Is there a US dealer that is taking orders for ED?
My sales person is telling me that, at this point in time, BMW is refunding to the dealer the ED discount given to the customer. In essence, BMW guarantees the dealer a US MSRP sale for M cars sold at ED MSRP. How long this lasts and why BMW is doing it is anybody's guess.

However, dealers who believe they can sell their cars for more than US MSRP are not likely going to sell the car at ED MSRP. The reason, obviously, is they would lose money because BMW wont reimburse the dealer any money over and above US MSRP.

Bottom line, there is no consistency, at least right now, between dealers in so far as what they are charging or what they will commit to. The good news is, as the thread above suggests, there seems to be ED deals to be found. Keep in mind, too, that some salespersons are just not up to speed on ED transactions. If you suspect that to be the case, try and elevate the discussion to the sales manager.

Don't give up. Expand your search area, convey your commitment to the buy and I'll bet you'll find a dealer just waiting to take your money on an ED deal.
You're right, Germany is very nice July & August. It's not that bad in February if you like to ski.
Appreciate 0