07-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #9
wknddrivr
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3/E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapster View Post
I've been a bimmer user for a long time and have reason to believe they are beginning to slip... what justification would there be for the pass dim to be omitted? Doesn't make sense this is not Hyundai to think about cost cutting! Besides, the language on the order sheet and specs say "exterior mirrors" not mirror!

The alarm matter was more of a convenience hearing the beep upon locking the car and when approaching the car to locate it in a mall lot!! Again, we are talking about a German luxury brand and an 8900 $ so called "excellence" package option in Canada !

Lastly regarding the build sheet you are also wrong, first, it has nothing to do with a build sheet, it has to do with country-specific configuration of the cars... adaptive cruise control and the speed limit reader are just configured differently, in the European version it automatically modifies the ACC setting when the road speed sign changes, user can even set a slight deviation of +- 10km... this is simply removed from the Canadian, possibly NA version.... it was just an observation from my side ... nothing to do with build sheet which by the way, I was meticulous about and researched for weeks
You may not need to get the alarm to have the beep when you lock the doors, but I'm not sure since I checked my spec sheet and I do have the alarm. There's a setting in I-drive that lets you turn the beep on and off.

The mirror is definitely cost cutting, as is the fact the dimming mirrors have a bit of a border around them that doesn't dim. But thats about it. The Mercedes E class has way more cheap materials, hard plastics, and areas where they cheeped out on the car than BMW has on the 5.
Appreciate 0