05-30-2019, 07:05 AM   #7
Bapster
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssquared View Post
The passenger dimming mirror thing is not a mistake and it's not a Canada thing. My 2017 US spec G30 doesn't have it either...bmw decided it's not necessary I guess. It bothered me when I first got the car knowing it was a cost cutting measure, but I've been driving it for 2 years and it hasn't been an issue. I guess because of the angle or something you don't really get glare from the passenger side if the mirrors are set properly.

Why does the alarm even matter? I have no idea whether or not mine has one. If someone tries to break into the car and the alarm goes off nobody is going to pay attention anyway. The car has BMW Connect anyway so if it's stolen it will be tracked via GPS and BMW can kill the engine remotely.

The other issues you mentioned have nothing to do with bmw quality. It's just the result of you not reading the build sheet and understanding which options you ordered or how adaptive cruise control is designed to work.
I've been a bimmer user for a long time and have reason to believe they are beginning to slip... what justification would there be for the pass dim to be omitted? Doesn't make sense this is not Hyundai to think about cost cutting! Besides, the language on the order sheet and specs say "exterior mirrors" not mirror!

The alarm matter was more of a convenience hearing the beep upon locking the car and when approaching the car to locate it in a mall lot!! Again, we are talking about a German luxury brand and an 8900 $ so called "excellence" package option in Canada !

Lastly regarding the build sheet you are also wrong, first, it has nothing to do with a build sheet, it has to do with country-specific configuration of the cars... adaptive cruise control and the speed limit reader are just configured differently, in the European version it automatically modifies the ACC setting when the road speed sign changes, user can even set a slight deviation of +- 10km... this is simply removed from the Canadian, possibly NA version.... it was just an observation from my side ... nothing to do with build sheet which by the way, I was meticulous about and researched for weeks
Appreciate 0