11-25-2013, 02:44 PM   #13
MWA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy.213 View Post
Thanks for that MWA. I am glad to hear that the 116i didn't feel underpowered as I think the 3 series uses the same engine. And the economy isn't bad either. Should be able to get 40 mpg if I drove economically.

The CC is basically a stretched passat so I'm guessing still boring. The only reason I am considering it is the equipment it has as standard.

I think you are right I should go with my heart. If only the BMW had leather interior as standard.
Leather is standard on M Sport Models, on eBay you can get SE leather for around £500 and M Sport for around £900. Have no regrets for now but for the future you can always add it yourself, should get cheaper as time goes on...

Six months ago, I bought a Honda Civic for the wife, as her first Car, only because of the specs! It had panoramic roof, satnav, xenons, leather seats, Bluetooth etc... Loved the specs but there's was something about the gearbox the I-shift (semi auto), it drove like crap and in the end we've just sold it, couldn't live with it and now looking for another family hatchback which probably won't have any of the above specs, but as long as it drives good, who cares! And I think the BMW will give you that feel good factor

If you're only getting the Passat because of the spec, you're probably playing with fire, leather seats look good but not always comfortable, satnav good feature but how often do you use it? Xenons I agree, I love them to bits, but if you're driving mainly during the day, it shouldn't make a difference
Appreciate 0