View Single Post
      11-03-2015, 01:35 PM   #22
PayamFSU
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP YMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff@TopGearSolutions View Post
Incorrect gap could definitely be a problem. Why would the gap on your plugs be incorrect?
see label guy's quote below, I read on a couple of threads here in the forum in regards to increased boost level and incorrect plug gap issues exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Did you install some odd plugs recently?

Mike
see above and below

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaryTheLabelGuy View Post
Plugs can wear unevenly or even break. They can also be improperly gapped at the factory.

Pull your plugs and check them for proper gap and wear.
Would you feel "misfiring" with this at higher boost level and rpm ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
BMS tech support probably hit the nail on the head with this. Stage1 can't alter fuel trims directly, the JB4 and Dinan are the only piggybacks that can, and this sounds like a case of fuel trims maxing out, AFR going rich, causing misfiring. The fix with Stage1 is to lower the boost target slightly per BMS' suggestion. Or upgrade to a JB4 that has robust fuel control.

Mike
I think I may have to do this. I know I have to buy that additional cable. I am assuming I need windows based software to do this?

Also the question I really want to know, does the computer throw a code when it misfires? Because I don't have any engine warning codes when it happens.

Again thanks for everyone's input. I am by no means trying to bash the manufacturer, just trying to gather data and people's experience to make an informed decision... Also I am lazy so trying to trouble shoot at efficiently as possible.... lol

2018 F80 ZCP 6MT YMB/SO
2015 F82 M4 6MT AW/SO - SOLD
Appreciate 0