View Single Post
      06-30-2014, 07:25 AM   #18
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Current M's do not have fog lights. They block airflow... cooling and weight savings take priority. I'm sure the cosmetic benefit is also a big factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
This is not a track car. It is a high performance luxury vehicle. It is made for yuppies to feel like they are driving race cars. So yes, power seats and nav are needed or else they would not sell.

My point is that, contrary to what you'd written, weight savings isn't a priority. If it was a priority, the car wouldn't have NAV and power seats as standard equipment.

Also disagree that people wouldn't buy this car if it didn't come with power seats and NAV standard. So long as it's an option, who cares? Your statement reminds me of that dumb Lincoln commercial that's on the air these days where a couple is "interviewing" a Lincoln and a Lexus. The woman asks... "Do you have heated/cooled seats? It has to be standard." How stupid is that?

Mind you that I just sold a Porsche that I ordered new. Most all of their options (save for special editions) are a-la carte. They don't seem to have a hard time selling cars where Nav and power seats aren't standard equipment.
Appreciate 0