10-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
meruyailir
Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E90 325, E70 X5 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Is this something that is a real fear for Indonesians who drive high priced cars? What a downer that is, to be lucky enough to drive a nice car there but then have to worry about your safety because of it.

I bet most people never consider the merits of RFT in terms of whether it will allow you to get away from criminals
Not necessarily happening to nice cars only. I used to drive an everyone's car and got nailed a few times, in which I just kept on driving the car until I found a safe place to stop, and in the process damaging the wheel. They worked in a team of 2-4 people, riding on motorbikes and doing it when you stop at a traffic light. They get really close to your car to do it.

A lot of people have drivers here and so it might be a different situation for them. I don't. What's the point of getting a BMW (except for 7er perhaps) and let someone else drive for you?

Another common practice for safety is to have really dark tinted windows so that prying eyes cannot see you and inside the car.
Appreciate 0