View Single Post
      01-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #19
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERR FSTIR View Post
So is there any definite information on pricing and availability of the TT-RS in the U.S. market? My understanding is that it will become available by the end of 2011 and pricing will be $60-70K. Any limited production numbers BS like the 1M?

Based on my limited understanding of Audi allocations, particularly with the S5, I would guess availability will be extremely limited.
Hope that's not the case for you in the U.S.

Here in Aust. the TT-RS is available to whomever wants/orders one, there's no limited numbers...

1M has initial intake at only 100 vehicles...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosx View Post
No sunroof on either the 1M or the TT-RS. Does it really affect body rigidity that much when you have a sunroof? Both of these cars are drool-worthy but after having a sunroof in my last 3 cars I feel like I can't live without it. I'd rather have a sunroof than a stereo because when its open and your foot is on the gas thats all the music you need. That and it makes a small car feel bigger inside.
In the case of the TT-RS and all other TT's for that matter, the entire centre monocoque construction of the car (69% by body weight) is aluminium, so it may be a case of structural stiffness/integrity compromise if a sunroof hole is plugged into it...same applies for cars like the Evo 10.

Don't know what the go is for the 1M as the 135i and other variants have sunroof option, maybe they just want to keep it stiffer, maybe it's all about saving weight, as most people agree, the 1M is already too heavy...
Appreciate 0