04-15-2006, 07:00 PM   #22
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
How much is the BMW Sport suspension drop? On Vogtlands website, it only shows 40mm (1.25 inches) drop for the E90. That is even more aggressive than the Eibach prokit. Why are you considering Vogtland?

http://cms.vogtland.com/ITmaxxDeluxe...041915&Via=Nav

I would like something a little lower than BMW sport suspension. I still intend on using stock shocks, at least for now.
The BMW sport suspension drop is .6 in or 15-16mm. Vogtland has 2 options 25mm (.98 in) or 40mm (1.5 in.). I'm going with the 25mm option since that's as close to stock Sport as you can get in aftermarket right now as far as I can tell. Koni recommends that FSD's only be used with the stock springs whether it's sport or non-sport on the E90 so by using the 25mm option, I can use the FSD's and get a slightly lower drop (.3-.4 in) than if I used the BMW sport springs. Evidently, that increase in drop is within the tolerance of the FSD's but Eibach and H&R, etc (.6 in or more lower than BMW sport) fall outside that tolerance and will lead to premature wear and failure of the damper.
Appreciate 0