12-27-2022, 10:01 AM   #59
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Any reason to go with the cx5 over the cx3/30?
I suggested the CX-5 because if you want to buy new, the lowest trim is in your price range, the preferred package is a bit more expensive at $28K. I think 2023 will be the last year of the CX-5 so you may be able to negotiate some on price. The CX-5 is 180.1 inches long, which you said is your max length.

The CX-30 is slightly more off-road oriented and is 173 inches long and about 2 inches less wide, which might be a bit small for your wife. I have a friend who I suggested the CX-5 to, which she did buy. She now says she'd rather have a bit more cargo room. For the price the CX-5 interior is way above its price class in design and materials.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 3
wtwo318041.50
nicholasn261.00