View Single Post
      05-03-2016, 08:58 AM   #7
gtsussex
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SMB M3 CP with lots of carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade_7 View Post
For me I have to think that you need to be very honest to yourself about what you are going to use the car for.

It's scarily easy to read opinions about handling/power/tyre short comings from people who drive the car much harder or will use it much more for track days etc and convince yourself you must have mod x (insert hideously expensive Mtaxed item of your desire here).

I am planning a few track days already with mine but I don't think I will ever realistically be in the boat of "needing" full damper replacements. Ideally some spring to sort the stance and if they help the handling too then excellent, as long as they don't make it worse....
You're completely right. Speaking to Lorcan, many M3/4 owners drive the ACS demo and get totally different things out of it. Some love the looks, some love the noise, some love the power and some love the suspension.

I suppose you have to ask yourself, do you get frustrated by the damping on the car and if so, how often? Whilst I'll admit it probably makes up 10% of my overall time in the car, that 10% is the reason I bought an M3 in the first place (over a perfectly well sorted 335d on RS suspension funnily enough). So for me, it's a no brainer. I am very sure many owners would wonder what I've been smoking to think it's not already brilliant.

I know Damien drove the demo same day as me and for him, the extra power was the real draw.

Best thing to do is back to back test. Then sleep on it for a few days.
San Marino Blue M3 Competition Package with Carbon tat, ACS RS suspension, uprated brakes, 'modded' exhaust and a weeny bit more power courtesy of JF Automotive; M235i Convertible with ACS Sports Suspension; Disco 5 HSE Lux
Appreciate 1