View Single Post
      04-11-2015, 09:53 PM   #6
DETSGTSTARSKY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPM4 View Post
Really would like to epoxy my garage floor, anyone have any recommendations on certain product/kits? I have watched a few youtube videos, but any pointers would be appreciated.

Seems like a nice little weekend project !
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH ANY DO IT YOURSELF KIT!!!!

I purchased a U coat it kit for two different MN properties several years ago. I followed the directions to a t and it was on new construction concrete each time as well. The concrete had cured for about three months prior to application. The product went on ok and looks good for maybe a year and then starts to peel. I think Jay Leno used this stuff in his shop in CA and had issues with it. I also tried another product sold at Menards in a square box which is made in Blaine. It comes in a mylar bag and you mix the tint in with it. This product is horrible also. Long story short don't waste time and money doing it yourself with an off the shelf product not manufactured for the damper midwest concrete that causes it to peel and fail. Even the stuff made in MN doesn't work either. Anything you buy at Home Depot, Lowes or any other hardware store is made elsewhere. You will have to pay 1000-3000 for a professional company to do it depending on the job size. Then there is a warranty and the product actually works. Do a google search and see what is around and talk to the companies.

Last edited by DETSGTSTARSKY; 04-11-2015 at 10:01 PM..
Appreciate 1