03-07-2019, 11:54 AM   #9
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMERevs View Post
My 530E went to service for a "engine warning" and tech said car need software update, since my range in the charging screen changed from 17/19 to 13/14 any thoughts ??
there are tons of posts on this. The idrive is merely giving you an estimate based on your past driving. Drive like you hate it and it gives you a low estimate; hypermile and it gives you a high estimate (although why anyone would buy a BMW and then hypermile is beyond me).

When the software is updated it goes back to the initial default.

Mine was updated in late December. Since then it has gone back up and now varies between 14 and 18 miles. But it is only an estimate. So if your estimate is low because you have been driving with a lead foot, and you then charge the car and drive very slowly and carefully with lots of brake regen, you will get way more than your reading.

My advice is to "forget about it". Drive the car like you hate it. My only concession is that on the way home, if I am driving local streets, I may change to EV only to use up the electrons but I still drive hard. That is why I bought a BMW.
Appreciate 0