View Single Post
      05-02-2017, 01:21 PM   #6
RaleighDawg
Rep
Drives: 2016 328iX GT

Insurance

Totaling the car is the only reason to got it. I wasn't ready to risk the chance of having to come up with $45,000 so $300 and 10% made the difference for me to get out there. I found ones with 5% deductibles, but this group had great reviews everywhere I looked and when it comes to insurance the extra 5% is worth the comfort in knowing things would go smoothly for me.

A $4,500 mistake is one thing and would be manageable. But a $45,000 mistake is a totally different kind of hurt. That would be my fun budget for most of my remaining life, gone in one crash.

I need to look into insurance companies that will cover HPDE events with my normal coverage. I talked to a few at the track that said their agent said it was fine to go out there and would be covered. Also I figure every state is different in what would be covered. Since this event was in a state I don't live, it is hard to say if what they told me would translate to my state policies.

If you there are better insurance policies out there, I'd love to know so I can save a little money.
Appreciate 0