05-02-2017, 12:46 PM   #5
mdai245
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighDawg View Post
This was my first event, so I only grabbed the single event insurance and it was about $300 to cover $45,000 in value. It seemed that you could get a discount if you purchase it for multiple events. I am not sure if you have to know what events you are participating in when you buy it or can link the events as you decide to go. The nice thing is that it was by event and not days, so if it is a two day event, it is the same price as a one day event. So it would pay to try and do multi-day events each time. And it covers your ride-a-long driving your car if you are in the beginner group and I think it covered a second driver too, if listed at purchase.

I believe there is a 10% discount if you are a member of a BMWCCA group and the event is put on by them.
Was reading the fine print. There is a 10% deductible on the claimed value of the car. Meaning that if your damages total anything less than 4500, you are SoL. Doesn't sound like a good deal for $300 per event for collison damage only unless you happen to total the car
Appreciate 0