View Single Post
      06-05-2008, 10:10 PM   #18
hexadecim8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gum5h03 View Post
I bet you want a big medal to be pinned on your chest because you have managed to be lucky for a period of time. You're comparing apples to oranges here. If you stay in Seattle metro I can understand not seeing too many speed enforcement points. SPD has all that they can handle with other things and not enough officers to do any sort of effective traffic enforcement. It's the same way down in LA. LA does a crappy job of speed enforcement but CHP is there to take over and yes they have a force many times the size of Seattle's.

It's a whole different story on 5 or 405 or anywhere else other than the city for that matter. I guarantee if you "speed your ass off" up and down 405 or 5 you'll be spending some time admiring the trash alongside the freeway while Mr officer runs your plates. I would say you're in the minority of people who get away with speeding for any length of time.
Yeah I agree with most of that except I dont want a medal, I want a cookie. And we better enjoy it while we can, it's only a matter of time before 'traffic cams' and red light cams start popping up everywhere. We need to be proactive and try to keep that nightmare from becoming a reality here in Seattle/Tac/Belle
Appreciate 0