View Single Post
      03-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

The 19" tires and wheels are a big contributor. Just for fun go and try a set of non-run flat 18" M3 wheels and tires and see what you think. The car being too stiff on rough roads was leveled against the ZCP M3 which had electromagentic-fluid suspension and our wheels and tires. Several magazines panned it as too stiff and not much gained from the stiffness. They loved the look but not the ride. If you know someone with a stock 18" M3 wheels and PS2s with stock size 245/40/18-265/40/18. Try them on your car. I think you will find an improvement in ride quality without loosing much in performance. Sometimes a little "give" in the tire is good on less than perfect roads plus the lighter weight of 18s can help.

The one concern is that shock valving/rebound was tuned by ///M with 19s on the track so I'm not sure how the car will handle at the limit in this case with the lighter wheel/tire combination. I think it will be fine. I am trying to find someone around here that can loan me a set to validate it first-hand.
Appreciate 0